Center for Empowered Learning
The Benchmark School Center for Empowered Learning is dedicated to serving as a vibrant hub for discussions of innovative ideas and research-based practices that inspire, support, and empower success in school and life. The Center addresses this mission by providing presentations, forums, workshops, and resources by thought-leaders in education, technology, counseling, and creativity.
Henry Winkler & Lin Oliver to Speak at Benchmark School as Part of National Book Tour
Friday, February 1, 7:00 PM
A. Palmer West Performing Arts Center
As part of a national book tour for the release of their new book, Here's Hank: Everybody is Somebody, we are excited and proud to announce that Henry Winkler and his co-author Lin Oliver will appear at a public event for children and their parents at Benchmark School in partnership with Haverford's Children's Book World on Friday, February 1 at 7:00 PM. The event will feature a presentation by Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver, followed by a Q&A and a book sale and signing. All ages are invited!
The well-known actor, director, producer, and bestselling author of the Hank Zipzer series, Henry Winkler is passionate about connecting with kids and encouraging them to succeed. His co-author Lin Oliver is founder and executive director of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators and is a writer and producer of movies, books, and television series for children and families.
All ages are invited! This is a public event but registration is required.
THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT.
Events Presented by the Benchmark Center for Empowered Learning
- "The ABCs of ADHD & Executive Functioning: Empowering Kids for Success in School and in Life" presented by Sharon Saline, Psy.D. (October 2018)
- I'm Not Racist...Am I? Film Screening & Discussion (March 2018)
- "Why Kids Do What They Do" presented by Judith S. Beck, Ph.D. (October 2017)
- How do you help children become adaptable, empathetic, and resilient problem solvers? "Failing Forward: Using the Entrepreneurial Mindset to Build Resilience, Discover New Opportunities, and Create Meaningful Change in the World" with Ed Glassman, Executive Director of The Sands Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership at Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (March 2017)
- "How to Talk (and Listen) to Kids About the News" with Television Journalist Linda Ellerbee - Sponsored by the West Family Speaker Series (October 2016)
- "Getting It Right! The Education Our Children Need and Deserve" with Distinguished Educational Psychologist Dr. Patricia Alexander (May 2016)
- "Mathematics for the Future: Preparing Students to Thrive in a Complex and Ever-Changing World" with Kristie J. Newton, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Mathematics Education, Teaching & Learning at Temple University (April 2016)
- "Most Likely to Succeed" Film Screening & Panel Discussion (February 2016)
- "Mindfulness for Life: How Learning to Strengthen Attention Creates Lifelong Benefits" with Michael J. Baime, M.D., Director of the Penn Program for Mindfulness at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine (November 2015)
- "What Does Executive Skills Instruction Look Like?" with Robb Gaskins, Ph.D., Sally Laird, and Eleanor Gensemer, Ed.D. of Benchmark School (October 2015)