Benchmark School is an independent, co-educational school for bright children in grades 1-8 who have been identified as having dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, auditory processing or other learning differences.
- Established: 1970
Campus & Facilities
- Address: 2107 North Providence Road, Media, PA 19063 (Map & Directions)
- 1.5 miles from Exit 5 off of I-476
- Campus Size: 23-acre campus
- Facilities Include:
- State-of-the-Art Innovation Lab
- 20,000 Volume Library
- Curriculum library
- 420 Seat A. Palmer West Family Performing Arts Center
- Music and Art Rooms
- Science Labs
- Heated Outdoor Pool
- Playing Fields
- Confidence Ropes & Zip Wire Courses
- Grades Served: 1-8
- Total Enrollment: 170 students
- Average Faculty/Student Ratio: 1:5
Accreditation & School Memberships
- Accreditation: Benchmark is accredited by the Pennsylvania Association of Independent School (PAIS), which is a member in good standing of the National Association of Independent Schools' (NAIS) Commission on Accreditation.
- School Memberships:
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
- International Dyslexia Association (IDA)
- Pennsylvania Branch of The International Dyslexia Association (PBIDA)
- Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
- National Business Officers Association (NBOA)
- Philadelphia Area Independent School Business Officers Association (PAISBOA)
Students served are typically from the five-county Philadelphia region, Southern New Jersey, and Delaware.
Student challenges in learning are related to how they process language and/or a mismatch of their learning styles and the instruction they have received. Benchmark School admits children who often arrive at Benchmark having been identified as having a learning difference, an auditory processing deficit, or a perceptual difficulty. Other students have been identified as having dyslexia, being reading disabled or learning disabled, or exhibiting ADD/ADHD. These labels provide a starting point for understanding the issues that correlate with the students' progress in school.
- School Day: 8:15 a.m.-2:50 p.m.
- Technology Used:
- State-of-the-art Innovation Lab, including 3D printers, laser cutter, and iMacs
- 1:1 iPads in all lower school classrooms
- 1:1 Chromebooks in lower school classrooms, grades 3-5
- 1:1 MacBook program in the middle school, grades 6-8
- Instruction applying a range of technological tools integrated across the curriculum based on Benchmark's Technology Integration Framework
- Transportation: Busing is provided by the following school districts: Chester, Garnet Valley, Great Valley, Haverford, Lower Merion, Marple-Newtown, Penn-Delco, Radnor, Philadelphia, Ridley, Rose Tree-Media, Springfield, T/E, Upper Darby, Wallingford-Swarthmore, West Chester, and William Penn.
- Benchmark offers a five-week Summer Camp centered on Language Arts and Recreation. Three options are available: half day, full day, or language arts only.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 610-565-3741
- Fax: 610-564-3872