Benchmark School is truly an amazing place to be. It is filled with creative students, supportive parents, and gifted staff members. It is both energizing and deeply fulfilling to help students grow as learners and individuals and then watch as they go on to thrive in school and life.
Benchmark’s mission is to help our students develop into confident and strategic thinkers, learners, and problem-solvers who take control of their own learning. Defining characteristics of the school include our fundamental commitment to excellence and research-based innovation.
As a result of these emphases, our graduates are self-advocates who approach tasks strategically, think flexibly, demonstrate persistence and resilience, and meet with success in school and in life.
In this full-time middle school position, you serve as a part of a talented and caring team of experts (e.g., supervisor, counselor, head teacher). Specific responsibilities for this position are: supporting the head teacher in a 7th grade language arts class and in content area classes.
Major responsibilities for this position include:
- Creating a warm and supportive environment that fosters confidence, risk-taking, and respect for all
- Providing explicit instruction of thinking and learning strategies within an inquiry-based model
- Assessing students’ strengths and challenges and scaffolding instruction accordingly
- Establishing routines, maintaining consistent expectations, and employing effective management techniques
- Providing clear communication with students and staff members in a positive, professional manner
- Demonstrating an openness to learning, growth, and change in accordance with the educational philosophy of Benchmark School
- Actively pursuing professional growth and development through attendance at professional development opportunities provided by Benchmark School
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Pennsylvania public school certification or Private Academic School certification grades 6-8 required
- Ability to work well with a team
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, with colleagues and parents
- Enthusiastic interest in teaching, motivating, and mentoring students
- A role model for students
Salary is competitive for this entry-level position.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Applications must include the following:
- A letter of application describing why you are a good fit for the position
- Current resume
- The names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references
Submit your application using the form below.
Interested in a current job opening? Please complete the application below.
Benchmark School is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or membership in any other protected classification as defined under applicable federal, state, or local law.
When people ask me what is the best school I have seen in action, my go-to school is Benchmark. It is incredible and
Steve Graham, Ed.D., Currey Ingram Professor of Special Education and Literacy, Vanderbilt University